Apple Pie Old Fashioned
Try this 12 serving recipe to make the season even brighter with friends and family!
In a half gallon container combine:
- 750 mL bourbon whiskey (we used Makers Mark for this recipe)
- 24 dashes of our Bourbon Barrel Aged Caramelized Orange Bitters
- 5 oz Demerara simple syrup *1 cup water and 1 cup demerara sugar simmered on low, let cool, and measure the 5 oz of syrup
- 3 cut up apples without cores
- 2 three inch cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
Seal the container and shake once a day for 5 days. Leave the container in the fridge during this time. After 5 days fine strain (cheese cloth or a very fine reusable coffee filter will work great) and then store back into the bottle of your choice. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
To serve pour 3 oz of the Apple Pie Old Fashioned into a rocks glass with ice. Garnish with a cinnamon stick or an orange peel, cheers!